The following questions are a great guide for any personal interview of an hour to 90-minutes in length. It is helpful to give these to a subject as food for thought in advance.
- Where were you born?
- Tell me about your childhood, what was the best part? Worst?
- Who was the most influential person in your life?
- What is your profession and why?
- What was the happiest time of your life?
- Tell about a time when you didn’t know if you would make it.
- Who is the love of your life and how did you meet?*
- What is your passion (or a favorite hobby?)
- What is your favorite memory of me?
- What do you value most and why?
* Professional interviewer’s note: starting an interview by asking how two people met is a great ice breaker!
If you’d like help getting started, check out our free 7-day mini course to walk you through doing a great interview.